Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas in the Northwest ...

... is a gift God wrapped in greeeeen! (Or should I say white?) Ha ha! I hope my Dad sees that.

Anyway, I wanted to do a Christmas post, but I must warn you that Will is going to wake up from his nap at ANY MOMENT! We'll just see how far I get, and I'll just finish later if I'm interrupted by that sweet little boy.

The most difficult thing about this Christmas was the absence of our family members! Neither Brice's parents nor my brother could make it to our house because of the bad weather in Oregon. We missed them so much!

The weather here was COLD and it was definitely a white Christmas (as usual). Mom and Dad arrived on the afternoon of the 23rd, and Will gave them an adorable reception! He was so excited to see them. We had dinner that night at the Roadhouse Grill. Kids eat free on Tuesday, so Will got a Hawaiian pizza all to himself! He only ate one piece (and a bunch of food we brought for him) but baby's first pizza seemed to be a hit. After putting Will to bed, Mom and I played bananagrams while Brice worked on a secret holiday project and Dad did some important computer work.

On Christmas Eve Day, Mom and I went to Fred Meyer (so did everyone else in town) for food and supplies while the boys stayed home. We attended a wonderful Christmas Eve service at 4:00 pm, and Will did really well for the first 15 minutes. Mom, Brice, and I took turns hanging out with him in the hall after that! We went home, ate dinner, put our little bundle of joy to bed, exchanged a few gifts, and watched "Prince Caspian" before bed.

Uh-oh! I hear Will! I'll finish this story and add lots of pictures later tonight after our movie date! Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments: